Friday, August 20, 2021

Does Your Parking Garage Have One?

 On the way to retrieve my car this evening, I noticed this:

It may well have been there in the morning, and escaped my notice because I hurried past it to the ramp, a bit distracted by the rainy morning.

Over the last fifteen years, I have seldom driven to work. Since our offices reopened in July, I have usually walked in. But today the rain was coming down hard, I was urged to drive, I drove. I imagine that the buses were much delayed, for there was a tree down across 16th St. NW between U and T. Cars wishing to continue south on 16th from U turned on to New Hampshire Avenue, and returned to 16th south of the tree, but at least the first couple of turns would have been tight for a bus. This afternoon, there was nothing left of the tree but a neatly sawn-off trunk on the west side of the street, about 20 degrees from the horizontal: I suppose the roots just gave up.

 Maybe next week, if I remember, I'll ask the parking garage attendant why there is or was a piano on the second level.

No comments:

Post a Comment