Saturday, February 25, 2023

Drive Through

 Our internet provider now has a certificate that my computer will accept, and I have been able to get back to the webmail pages. I found several days' worth of email, nearly all from the listserv.

One item in particular caught my eye: the church at the end of the street offered "the drive-thru imposition of ashes for Ash Wednesday". The email explained that this was an innovation from the pandemic, i.e. Lent 2021, which I suppose made sense then. The church is a Mosaic Church, an offshoot of the Southern Baptist Church according to Wikipedia. I had not known that the Baptists had ever gone in for the imposition of ashes.

There are few enough physical needs that can't be served in drive-through fashion in the United State: alcoholic beverages, bank transactions, coffee, groceries, and fast food are among them. This was the first I heard of a religious ministry served that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment