Saturday, March 11, 2023

At the Strand

 Last weekend, we were in New York, and I had a quick look at The Strand. I'd have had a longer look, had I been clearer on the geography of Manhattan--I thought that 5th Avenue was west of Broadway at 12th Street, which is not so. In the few minutes I had, I saw nothing that I really needed.

On my way out of the store, I heard an exclamation from a young woman who had just found a book she wanted on the $3 outside carts. She was even more delighted when she discovered that the book was signed by the author. Her friend took a couple of pictures showing her holding it up. I wish that I could remember book or author: I think that the book had to do with circumstances of women, perhaps of young women, perhaps of young women of color. I'm glad it found its way to the hands of someone who so much appreciated it.


No comments:

Post a Comment