Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Meeting Programs

By now, I have software installed on this machine for four on-line meeting programs: AT&T GoToMeeting, Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom. There is also Google Meet, but that runs in the Chrome browser and does not require separate installation. On Monday I managed to use three of them, starting at 9:00 a.m. with Zoom and ending a Webex meeting at about 7:30 p.m. How did I miss out on Google Meet and Microsoft Teams?

Yesterday the count fell off to just Zoom and GoToMeeting. To make up for that, there were three Zoom meetings at work, followed by ESL over Zoom in the evening.

2 comments:

  1. I have read that Zoom is particularly naughty in hanging about looking at other things it has no business with on one's device, and also that it has Chinese links. It surprises me therefore that it is everyone's go to meeting software - do you know if my info is completely wrong? I have to use it, but I keep wondering whether it is up to no good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoom has had quite some number of vulnerabilities discovered and (as far as I know) patched. As for Chinese links, I can't tell you. I do have some fairly nosy security software installed on this machine, so I think that improper behavior by Zoom would be flagged pretty quickly.

      Delete