Friday, July 26, 2019

The Airport Experience

On the way off a KLM flight today, I noticed a screen stating that KLM offered "the aiport experience." It seemed to me that the copywriter, ad agency, and marketing department must all be out of touch to suppose that anyone enjoys "the airport experience". We had worried about making our flight while in the baggage-check and security lines at Schiphol. Then at Dulles, after seeing KLM's offer, we took thirty-some minutes to get through passport control. The queues wound enough that I came to recognize a dozen families or couples as we passed and repassed each other. Our luggage was off the belt before we arrived to look for it.

5 comments:

  1. Hence, I avoid air travel ... none for 25 years ..... no airport experiences in my future .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From gate to gate, air travel is wonderfully convenient. I suppose that if I followed up the logic of that statement, I should choose the longest flights possible, and visit Asia rather than Europe. But that is a lot of sitting.

      Delete
    2. Or Australia?! Haha! (If you had a subscribe by email option I would - subscribe by email that is!)

      Delete
    3. Yes, Australia is a good long way, isn't it?

      I'll have a look at the settings to see about email.

      Delete
    4. It is!

      I think it's a Gadget "Follow by email" under Layout. So you can add it to what you currently have in your sidebar? (I have a little Blogger blog for my reading group so I've just checked because I have the email gadget there.)

      Delete