Saturday, March 8, 2014

Running Demographics

It has seemed to me sometimes lately that there are more women than men running in Rock Creek Park. Today I counted as best I could on my route from Tilden St.  down to Georgetown. The count was 58 men to 57 women, not what I expected. However, a good dozen or twenty of those men were young men from some athletic team at St. Albans, getting into condition for the spring season. I don't know why the young women of National Cathedral School couldn't have turned out to support my theory.

The last time I tried a count along the same route was a month or so ago, when the weather was colder. Then the women did have a slight preponderance. But when I left the park at the Zoo (about a mile below Tilden), I had counted fewer than forty runners in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment