Thursday, November 23, 2023

COVID

COVID--in whatever variant is out now, after the initial vaccinations of 2021 and repeated boosters--is not enjoyable, but in my perception not that different from the sort of wintertime crud that one often gets in the US--a night or two of fever, runny nose followed by a deep cough, general lack of energy. Over the years, I have a number of times gone to see a physician with just these symptoms, to be told, Well, it's probably viral, but here's some Keflex just in case. It would not have occurred to me that I had COVID, but my wife was feeling rotten also, and our son bought some tests. He does not have COVID, we do or did. A fortnight after the initial symptoms, I don't feel bad, but I am not energetic and do have a cough.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have both been ill. That exactly matches my experience of COVID - it's a viral flu. And as with any other viral flu, I really hope you rest for a good while afterwards, rather than struggling back to sport and other physically demanding activities too soon. Best wishes ZMKC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated thanks. We are mostly back to our October level of energy.

      Delete