Saturday, January 22, 2022

Being Followed

 Earlier in the month, I was reading a technical posting, of interest to one who develops web applications with Oracle Application Express (APEX), and needs to do something unusual in the processing of interactive grids. (In other words, not of really general interest.)  As I scrolled down the page, the text was interrupted by an image of models wearing clothing with black and white stripes. Now, the post I was reading had nothing to do with fashion, in fact it gave as an example a database of cricket matches, so for an instant I was surprised. But I immediately saw that the left-most model had on a dress I had recently purchased as a present.

I did not purchase the present on-line--apparently it was enough to have inspected it in December. Everyone understands, or should, the thoroughness and refinement of surveillance of on-line activities, yet still a reminder can surprise. I hope that the blog's author gets a cut of whatever advertising money wordpress.com collects.

No comments:

Post a Comment