Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Signs and Times

 This evening, I was waiting for the S2 bus at the corner of 16th and L. A Kawasaki Mule 4x4, a vehicle about the size of a golf cart, pulled up to the curb. A man got out holding a liter bottle. I expected him to place it in a trash can, but he began to empty the water from it onto a sign on the sidewalk. This sign had a red background with blue lettering; it urged social distancing, and had been placed by the downtown business improvement district. The man emptied the bottle in a way to soak the sign evenly. He then stooped down and took the sign up in three pieces. Apparently the business improvement district has decided that social distancing is unnecessary outdoors. The woman who had been driving took cell phone pictures before he took the signs and after. He put the pieces in the back of the vehicle, and they drove off, I suppose to another sign. I wish I had taken pictures, too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment