Friday, October 14, 2011

A Word From Our Sponsors?

At the annual Russian Bazaar a couple of weeks ago at the Russian Orthodox cathedral around the corner, I picked up a few books, one of the Martin Luther: A Selection From His Writings, edited by John Dillenberger. Later in the week, I sat down and began reading Luther's "Commentary on Galatians". When it came time to set it aside, I reached for a bookmark already in the book, a piece of paper about one inch by three. I found that someone had hand-printed on one side
What profit it, my brethren, that a man say he have faith, and not works? Can faith save him?
James 2:14
I will add that Dillenberger includes the "Preface to the Epistles of St. James and St. Jude", in which Luther lays out his objections to the former, which he somewhere wrote of as "a thing of straw."

No comments:

Post a Comment