- St. Anselm's Abbey School, which enrolls probably 150 boys in its four high school grades. That is really too few for eleven-man football, particularly if it is to offer any other fall sports.
- Washington International School is coed, with 900 students total. It is a fair guess that they have about the same male population in the upper grades.
- The Arlington County alternative high school H.B. Woodlawn. I know nothing about it.
- The District of Columbia magnet high schools, Banneker and School Without Walls. I don't know much about them.
- Holton-Arms, Stone Ridge, National Cathedral School, and the Madeira School, which are girls-only.
On reading the whole article I had to wonder: if a writer as persuasive as Jay Mathews were to identify a correlation between posture and college admission, would the hallways of our high schools look like West Point?